T.O.U.R.S. is an association of selected international tour operators who specialize in sports travel.
The organization is dedicated to offering sports enthusiasts the best travel services to the great events worldwide.
We work closely with race directors of the major international events.
The T.O.U.R.S. Philosophy
- We strive always to operate to the highest professional and ethical standards, and demand this from every individual member of the association.
- We believe in the concept of partnership, both with each other and the event organizations with whom we contract on an individual basis.
- We seek to offer a first-class service to our clients, with personal commitment to each client and fully-tested back-up systems in the event of anything going wrong, such as medical emergencies or acts of terrorism or force majeure.
- In this way we offer re-assurance to our clients and event organizers that we are fully prepared to manage unexpected events.
- We seek to offer clients the best travel services to the world’s best events, and to offer a variety of travel packages to suit all budgets.
- We aim to offer clients a memorable experience at every event, ensuring repeat custom, positive feedback to other potential clients and increasing the underlying popularity and strength of the sport of marathon running in an increasingly challenging and competitive sports market.
T.O.U.R.S. Application Requirements (Full and Associate Membership)
- The company must be a full-time travel agency with a commercial place of business available to the public. Photos of the place of business are required to be submitted with the application.
- The company must have been in business for at least two years and be fully licensed and bonded in its own country to operate overseas tours. Copies of relevant and current certification are required.
- The company must have operated a minimum of five (Full Membership) or three (Associate Membership) group trips of 20 or more runners to international events (outside the applicant’s own country) for each of two successive years prior to applying for membership.
- The company cannot be a member of another competing sports tours organization.
- A once-off initiation fee of €1,000 euros is payable after acceptance by the members (not applicable for Associate Members).
- Annual dues are currently €750 euros per year (Full and Associate Members).
- Applicants must include a short essay about how T.O.U.R.S. will benefit from their membership.
- Valid Applications are voted on by the membership and only at our NYC Meeting in November.
- Successful applicants will be listed on our website, in our digital brochure and in any advertising (Full Members Only).
- The successful applicant will be entitled and expected to attend our two meetings per year, in London (April) and New York (November), plus our annual conference in February (different location in Europe each year). Only Full Members vote at any of these meetings.
If your organisation is interested in becoming a member of T.O.U.R.S., please complete the online application by clicking here